Sunday 7 August 2011

Fringe Blog (slight return) Days 1,2,3 & 4

When I posted a few days ago I stated I would blog every day but unfortuntaly due to my forgetting to get the wi-fi code from my landlord who has disappeared off for a wedding anniversary I have not has access to a computer until today. So this will be a brief summary of my first weekend back at the Fringe.

I arrived in a relatively quiet Edinburgh and within an hour was on stage with my first show "3 Man Roast" with Will Howells and Alex Holland. Which of course was the perfect time to have a reviewer from 3 Weeks in to see the show. When you are in a venue as small as ours the audience member with the notepad and pen sticks out like an extended metaphor. The audience enjoyed themselves and that is as much as I wanted from the first show. So the reviewer be damned (I say this but I have been fanatically looking at the 3 weeks website for the review. For good or ill at least it is attention)

After sitting down for some hours my evening show "Lifestyles of the Weird and Aimless"" with Dan Adams and Laurence Tuck was a much smoother affair. No reviewers in this time although we did have a mentally disabled girl who demanded a Hot Dog which I could cope with.

Edinburgh is the same as it ever is, full of schmoozers, boozers and radical reinterpretations of Brecht.

The rain is like an ever present migraine. Always there lurking and avoided only by going indoors and self-medicating.

My traditional flashbacks to my wilder Scottish youth come as thick and fast as they ever do. Every streetcorner reminding me of sharing drinks with tramps and women called Angela.

I watched some Free Festival shows yesterday the highlight of which was Norway's Daniel Simonsen at the City Cafe. The show's not about anything and all the better for it ploughing into absurdist anti-comedy by way of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment