Friday 12 August 2011

Day 9 - Situationist International

Three Man Roast was wonderful yesterday. The audience were with us from the beginning and it was joyous there is little to report.

Our 3 Weeks review has given us 3 stars ***. This means the show is officially good. This is excellent given how impromptu and unexpected the whole performance was.

I have been trying to get to see fellow East Anglian performer Doug Segal's show  "I Know What You're Thinking". Doug is a former ad executive turned mentalist who has been working the corporate circuit for the last few years. He runs a lovely comedy gig in Bury St. Edmunds which I have played a few times. I was supposed to see the show on Tuesday but something came up I had to attend to and yesterday I made the worst of all errors. I simply forgot. A dreadful shame as hes sold out for his final two dates. This is a running theme for me failing to see Doug's shows. Having failed to see it in Norwich as I was out of the county and missing an excerpt from it at a corporate launch we were performing at because I was sat in the green room.

Humphh

LOTWAA was excellent also. The audience were out the door and a good show was had by all.

The real fun began in the evening. I went to the Ivory Tower of Brooke's Bar to find I had missed Will tumbling down stairs and crashing through a table. I told him he was watching too much Smackdown!. Comedy would be improved in general if it featured more chokeslamming and hardcore rulz. I would attend the worst run gong show in the world if we could replace the gong with an exploding C4 barbed wire challenge match.

Then I nearly got into a fight in a pizza parlour because somebody decided he thought it was funny to mention my resemblance to a certain well know soul singer.



2 comments:

  1. Will? Drunk? Falling over?

    I assume he has already poured wine over someone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I wasn't drunk, just incapable.

    ReplyDelete