Wednesday 17 August 2011

Day 14 - Phrenology

As I had become overexcited by The Wrestling the previous night I had very little sleep today as I had to go along for a meeting at 9am

This is a perfectly rational time for most of humanity but as the Fringe takes place in its own time zone this is like having a meeting a midnight.

I am convinced that because everything at the Fringe takes place 7 hours behind everything else for the month of August Edinburgh moves into the same time zone as Mumbai. The reason everybody involved has such a hard time readjusting in September is everybody gets jetlag from travelling south.

The meeting went fine and then I put in my worst performance at 3 Man Roast of the run so far. Getting material out of my mouth was like swimming through porridge and the tiredness had set my IBS off leading to me spending my stage time feeling like I had been punched.

I then went back to my flat with its omnidirectional shower and went for a lie down.

Then LOTWAA went quietly but pleasantly with an unexpectably large bucket at the end.

At 1am I toddled off to see Hurt & Anderson's sketch show. I had met them in my venue and as it was there last night I decided to watch them. A nice show with a wonderfully bonkers idea about reverse strippers. It was a little scattergun and could have down with a script editor and director but there perfomances were excellent and look forward to seeing what next year brings.

At that point I went for a longer lie down. The problem with being teetotal is I end up drinking gallons of diet coke. Sleep was a rare commodity last night

No comments:

Post a Comment