Wednesday 24 August 2011

Day 21 - Vertebral subluxation

The wheel has turned.

Most of this Fringe people I know have grumbles and mumbled of bad audiences and small numbers. Both 3 Man Roast and LOTWAA have been a delight from start to finish.

It seems now the karmic overdraft we have amassed has paid off and both shows are being watched by the unappreciative and drunk.

Piffle frankly.

Yesterday, I finally saw Paul Foot's show Still Life. As anybody will be able to tell you he's my favourite live act on gthe circuit. (Simon Munnery is my favourite comedian full stop but I prefer watching Paul). His shows are bizarre, obtuse creations so far removed from comedy clubs and the nonsense Outline Magazine peddles on their "funny" page as to be a seperate genre. Its like being forced to watch musical theatre for a year and realising that what everybody thinks theatre is then going to watch the RSC do Ibsen.

The show was an exquisite nonsense and I think he is two years away from his Magnus Opus.

Hopefully I can temp him back to Norwich at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment