Monday 8 August 2011

Day 5 - Anti-Gravity

Due to various reason mostly involving sport 3 Man Roast is not running on the weekends which left me free to my own devices on Sunday.

The Fringe is full of pleasures, a good review, an interested agent, an attractive drama student but the one thing most performers really want more than all of this is a decent night's sleep. As is my want I got back to my flat with its unidirectional shower at a silly hour of the morning and proceeded to have 8 hours sleep. I believe my Edinburgh experience may have peaked.

Having the day to myself I went to see a couple of shows and, Edinburgh's weather pattern continuing regardless, practically swam there.

I decided to invest in an umbrella and being the son of a pinchfist Ulsterman I deciced to tour the second hand shops of the town for something suitable. With my quest almost disrailed by a MIB Aliens figure from Kenner in a Cancer Research shop their shining like a beacon in the rain was Lidl. Surely its "Aisle of Things we Did'nt Realise We Needed" will finally payoff.

No. Not only did they not have an umbrella, they did not have an "Aisle of Things we Did'nt Realise We Needed" which is poor form in my mind.

Edinburgh shops long cottoned onto the need for waterproofing at the Fringe and hike their prices of such products accordingly. So I went to one place I could be assured on an excellent price. Poundland. Hoist but its own marketing strategy.

After all this excitement (and exciting it was, even without an "Aisle of Things we Did'nt Realise We Needed" every Lidl is a voyage of discovery seeing what forms its clientele have devolved to) I watched Liam Mullone at 3 Sisters and the lovely Jessica Fostekew. Both excellent BTW.

Then I went of for my evening show. Due to inclement weather and it being Sunday I had expected an audience of 3 but the back room of the White Horse (which resembles of smugglers den) was 2/3 full and an excellent show was pulled from the calender wreckage.

Later I met with Will Howells and Tom Neenan from Gentlemen of Leisure in Brooke's Bar at the Pleasance. Brooke's Bar is essentially the comedy industry equivalent of peacocks rutting. While everybody was displaying their career finery Will, Tom and I discussed Doctor Who and the Quiz League of London.

I think we can all say who were the winners last night (NB: Not us)

No comments:

Post a Comment