Wednesday 10 August 2011

Days 6 & 7 - Peter Kropotkin

My best laid plans to blog every day have already fallen by the wayside as I was unable to get to a computer terminal and my hands are too big to blog from my iPhone.

The shows were lovely universally. Lifestyles of the Weird & Aimless (or LOTWAA as I shall now call it) was a bit frisky on Day 7. A tardy compere, and a audience of foreigners,  meant they hadn't really settled down until twenty minutes into the show. After this Laurence and Dan turned in fine performances.

The one advantage of doing two shows a day is lessons from one can carry over to the other. Edinburgh has an odd time compression so these five days have felt like 2 weeks all ready (I might write an equation to convey the compression one day)

On Day 7 I ventured to the Gilded Balloon to wait for So You Think You're Funny to Finish. Fellow Norwich comedian Nathan Willcock was in the semi-final. The winner of the heat was Fern Brady who I have twittered with before and finally met.

I took Nathan to the Loft Bar, The Gilded Balloon's industry bar at the top of the Teviot. The Loft Bar always reminds me of the secret levels Zelda. You spend ages trying to get there and once you do you arrive its full of monsters and several important bosses.

I should point out Kate Copstick was there last night and she is anything but a monster. She is lovely

Will Howells appeared and we spent 2 hours mumbling about between there and Brookes bar at the Pleasance.

For once in my life I was utterly sensible and went home at a reasonable time. 3am being reasonable for the Fringe.

The Fringe when sober can be an odd experience

No comments:

Post a Comment