Monday 22 August 2011

Day 19 - Manatee of Helena

Sunday is the day of rest.

They say no rest for the wicked.

Yesterday was Sunday and apparently I have done something dreadful as it was day which strained even my delicate constitution dear reader.

I had to get up at 11am to find my Flat with an Omnidirectional Shower was now a  Flat with an Omnidirectional Shower and No Hot Water as the boiler had gone for a Burton.

So once icecold wash later I felt awful and set up for the day in the worst way possible.

3 Man Roast was not running today. I have been told this is due to the venue showing sport. I don't believe this and think the predatory lotharios Alex and Will are too busy seducing their respective prey to bother with a show, dear reader.

Instead I went off and performed at Miss London's Pick of the Fringe. I show I enjoyed thoroughly although none of the others seemed to.

The venue was a lofty church set within the bowels of Edinburgh's 4D geography and, as massive vaulted churchs are the standard performance space in Norwich. I was unfazed by it. But a varied show by all concerned.

After some vigorous sitting I went to LOTWAA where I preceeded to put in the best onstage performance of my life.

I frankly could have basted in self-satrisfaction all night but instead went to the Gilded Balloon to congratulate the originator of Norwich stand-up gigs, Pat Cahill, on his Amused Moose victory and then discovered the Wine Room tech was an old uni friend of mine.

Then I went to sleep.

So there

Love you all. Try the fish. Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment