Sunday 21 August 2011

Day 18 - Radioactive Quackery

After the horror of the previous days show today was much nicer all around

3 Man Roast was excellent with a crowd on page from the beginning and a healthy bucket at the end. It may be considered crass to measure these things by monetary worth but you cannot eat art.

As a rule you can tell 3 Man Roast has gone well if it has been enjoyed by groups of hetrosexual men (know taxonomically as Homo Sapien Laddus, Latin for Wise Man birthed by Alan Ladd). This is not due to outrageous references to homosexuality and havig better things to do than watch sport but rather some of the jokes require you having read something.

Ever.

I had intended to watch a free show or two but that fell by the wayside as I went back to my Flat with its Omnidirectional Shower and had a doze. All I need to do is drink tea and I am prectically geriatric.

LOTWAA was excellent with a small but appreciative audience who were VERY generous in the bucket.

I then went to see Late and Free at Espionage. Late and Free is the Free Festival's version of Late N'Live and I shall be controversial here. I think it is the better of the two of them.

I am one of the few new stand-ups up here who went to Late N'Live in the old Gilded Ballon (before it moved to the Teviot). Late and Free was closer in spirit to it than the current Late N'Live which reminds me of a Disney version of itself.

At Late and Free anybody can get on, the acts were inconsistant and dicking about backstage with an audience crackling with energy. Mark Simmons and Damien Kingsley did an excellent job with the show and I am disappointed I have never gone down earlier.

Afterwards, I met an American.

She was unpleasant.

Marvellous

No comments:

Post a Comment